With the collaboration of the IAS of Princeton.
In these videos below, the 4 Principal Investigators who lead the ERC project —Mercedes García-Arenal, John Tolan, Roberto Tottoli, Jan Loop— with their respective units in Madrid, Nantes, Naples and Copenhagen, are presenting their angle of research and expertise within the project :
- Mercedes García-Arenal: The Qur’an in Early Modern Iberia
- John Tolan: Picturing the Qur’an in Christian Europe
- Roberto Tottoli: The European Qur’an
- Jan Loop: Uses of the Qur-an in Early Modern Europe
- The European Qur’an – Questions & Answers
Indeed, they will be dealing with various aspects of the transmission, translation, uses and study of the Qur’ān in Europe, on the role the Qur’ān played in debates about European cultural and religious identities, and more broadly about the place of the Qur’ān in European culture.